Simulator Research Questions
Below are the questions addressed in the Simulator Research Panel. Please add your comments (with you name) after each question.
Different simulation technologies, their role in the X-Stack software evaluation, and expected outcome.
- What simulation environment are you using? Wilf
- e.g. FSIM Blackcomb SST
- Where is that simulation environment lacking? Wilf
- e.g. Need data to calibrate power estimates
- Can you meet your needs with simulator tools and components that already exist? Wilf
- e.g. Is further investment required or will the tools get the job done
- What opportunities do you see to align simulators to maximize results and minimize tools development?
Infrastructure, Interoperability, Interaction
Infrastructure, interoperability, and interaction with co-design centers.
- What software software/applications are you planning to use to exercise the simulator? Wilf
- Are there any issues with your current software and applications plan and how could they be resolved? Wilf
Role of emulation to supplement simulations for X-Stack.
- Do you have an emulation environment?
- How are you calibrating your simulations?